With the aim of promoting digital payments, PM Narendra Modi will launch an e-voucher based digital payment solution e-voucher with video conferencing at 4.30pm today. It is a prepaid e-voucher developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). E-Rupee is a cashless and contactless device. This is a QR code or SMS string based e-voucher that is sent to the beneficiary’s mobile. It makes timely payment to service providers without any intermediary partnership. Here are 10 benefits of this ..
1) E-Rupee is a cashless and contactless digital payment.
2) Digital connects service sponsors and beneficiaries.
3) Ensures leak-proof delivery of various welfare services.
4) It is a QR code or SMS string based e-voucher which is delivered to the beneficiary’s mobile.
5) Users of this seamless one-time payment system will be able to redeem a voucher without accessing a card, digital payment app or Internet banking service provider.
6) E-Rupee connects service providers with beneficiaries and service providers digitally without any physical interface.
7) This ensures that the payment is made to the service provider only after the transaction is completed.
8) Because it is pre-paid in nature, it assures the service provider of timely payment without the involvement of any intermediary.
9) Apart from regular payments, it can be used for projects such as Ayushman Bharat Prime Minister’s Jan Health Scheme, Fertilizer Subsidy, Maternity and Child Welfare Schemes, TB Eradication Programs, Medicines and Diagnosis. Etc.
10) The private sector can use these digital vouchers for its employees’ welfare and corporate social responsibility programs.