A new controversy arose with the opening of The Hundred Tournament. Nepal spin bowler Sandeep Lamichane, who has been serving the current 8-day period for the tournament, said his visa was illegal and asked the ECB to return home as soon as possible. Sandeep is upset about this whole incident. Sandeep said he could not get any clear answer from the ECB on this issue. Sandeep had to play for The Oval Invincible in The Hundred.
Umesh Yadav and Mohammad Siraj boosted the management’s impulse by putting on a strong performance in the warm-up match.
Commenting on his Facebook page, Sandeep said, ‘Very disappointed to lose The Hundred. I was looking to play for my Oval Invincible and also followed all the guidelines given by the ECB. When I applied for a Tier 5 visa, I was told that a certificate of sponsorship would suffice to participate in T20 Blast and The Hundred. Worcestershire was evacuated due to a corona delay, but after this the authorities again informed me that if I arrived in the UK before July 10, my COS would be active. I arrived in the UK on the 9th of July and have had no problems since then and I have isolated the quarantine facilities operated by the government. On July 18, two days before the expiration of my 10-day quarantine, I was informed by the ECB that my visa was not valid and that I should leave the country as soon as possible.
Suresh Raina is upset about his statement, there has been a lot of criticism on social media
Next to the Nepal bowler, he said, ‘I hear what’s wrong, but nobody in the ECB has a right answer. I understand that things change suddenly. Although I am entitled to a clear answer as to why my valid visa is now invalid. Sandeep wishes his team to the tournament and requested the ECB to review it.