T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says Rohit-Virat is a big responsibility for Pakistan

The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the T20 World Cup 2021 groups on Friday. This time the T20 World Cup match between India and Pakistan is in the group stage. Former India cricketer Gautam Gambhir has commented on this. Gautam Gambhir has said that the responsibility of skipper Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma will be huge when India face Pakistan in the upcoming T20 World Cup.

“When I played my first international match against Pakistan, I was more excited and groaning than some of the players who played a lot of cricket against Pakistan,” Gautam said on Friday’s Star Sports program ‘ICT20 World Cup Special’. So it is the responsibility of the senior players to keep the young players calm, not because of the spirit of winning the game for you but because it is a competition between bat and ball in which a team that performs well will win. Therefore, either senior players Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma have a big responsibility in the India match against Pakistan.

India and Pakistan fans sharing funny memes on social media at T20 World Cup

At the same time, former India batsman Robin Uthappa told the program about the importance of the Indo-Pakistani clash at the World Cup, which brings out a lot of emotions, expectations and people are always looking forward to it. I mean any cricketer who has played in the past or anyone who wants to play for India. They are always looking forward to the India-Pakistan match, as it evokes the sentiment of those who watch it rather than play cricket.

Gautam said, ‘It was special to be part of the 2007 T20 World Cup team, but I forgot about it. In fact, India needs to move on. The 2007 World Cup was 13 years ago and I think we need to get rid of this obsession of 2007 and 2011. Robin said it was a special moment for me personally, but I agree with Gautam Gambhir. We won the T20 World Cup in 2007, so we know it can be achieved.

Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.