EPFO Latest News Update: If you are an EPF subscriber there is great news for you. Under the new rules, EPF subscribers must link the Aadhaar card with their account before September 1. The EPFO has made it mandatory to link PF and UAN with Aadhaar. Prior to that the deadline was June 1, which was extended to August 31st.
In its circular, the EPFO asked all offices to be ready to implement the rule from September 1. Linking Aadhaar on behalf of EPFO is said to be necessary because your Aadhaar information, such as name, gender and age, is matched with the EPF account. Your account will be banned if both information are incorrect. In addition, those who do not have Aadhaar link also face difficulties.
PM Kisan: Prime Minister Narendra Modi releases episode 9 of the PM Kisan Samman Fund, check your name on the list
In this case, if you haven’t linked your account with Aadhaar yet, definitely do it. The EPFO said in another statement that it is now the responsibility of the employer to get the Aadhaar link of its employees.
How to link your UAN with Aadhaar
- First you need to go to the EPFO portal epfindia.gov.in and follow the given steps …
- Login to epfindia.gov.in
- Go to the ‘e-KYC Portal’ under the ‘Online Services’ option and click on the link UAN Aadhaar
- Enter the UAN number and the registered mobile number here
- OTP comes with your registered mobile number
- Now enter the OTP and 12 digit Aadhaar numbers
- Then click on the Submit button
- Now click on the OTP verification option
- For verification of your Aadhaar details, create OTP in registered mobile number to mail linked to your Aadhaar number.