If you are a member of the Employees Provident Fund ie EPFO and you have not activated your UAN number yet, there is no need to worry. Now any EPFO member can generate a UAN number at home. For this you only need to follow 7 steps. But before that, what are the benefits of the UAE number.
Benefits of a UAN number
1- Through UAN, you will be able to keep track of all activities of your PF account.
2- If you have more than one PF account, you can view all your account details in one place using UAN.
3- Online PF Passbook can be viewed only through UNAN.
4- Through UAN, investors can withdraw money online.
5- Through UAN, you can transfer the amount of one account to another
7th Pay Commission: The Government has told Parliament whether the base salary of central employees will be increased after DA and DR
You can sit at home and create your UAN number.
- First, you must visit the official website of EPFO www.epfindia.gov.in.
- After this select ‘Our Services’ and click on ‘Employees’.
- User click on ‘Member UAN / Online Services’.
- Then click on ‘Enable your UAN’ (this will be at the bottom right of the main links).
- Now enter your personal details such as UAN, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Captcha and then click ‘Get Authorization PIN’.
- OTP comes with your registered mobile number. You click on ‘I agree’ and press OTP.
- Finally click on ‘Validate OTP and Enable UAN’.
You will also get details of PF account in Umang Op of Government of India. Employees can also activate their Universal Account Number (UAN) using this app.