Now you can withdraw one lakh rupees from your EPF advance PF balance. You can withdraw this money in case of any medical emergency. The government has launched a new service to address the sudden need for people’s money due to the coronavirus.
The EPFO issued a circular on June 1 that employees can be withdrawn for medical advance up to Rs 1 lakh. With the exception of the corona virus, money from PF can be withdrawn from other diseases after being hospitalized in an emergency. You don’t have to pay any bills. All you have to do is apply and the money will be transferred to your account. This facility is different from the medical advance service.
On the home page of www.epfindia.gov.in, under the “COVID-19” tab in the upper right corner, instructions to submit an Advance Claim Online. The procedure is as follows:
- Login to the unified portal member interface https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Go to Online Services >> Right (Form-31,19,10C and 10D)
- Enter and check the last 4 digits of your bank account
- Click “Proceed for Online Claim”
- Select PF Advance from the drop down (Form 31)
- Select “Infectious Disease (COVID-19)” from the drop-down
- Enter the required amount and upload a scan copy of the check and enter your address
- Click “Get Aadhaar OTP” (i) Enter the accepted OTP on Aadhaar linked mobile
- The claim has been filed
You can also submit this claim from your mobile phone
i) Log on to (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface) and file a claim under A to J under Question 9 about filing a claim
ii) To make a claim, log in at home UMANG Mobile App (New Age Integrated Mobile App)> EPFO> Employee Centered Services> Increase Claim> Your UAN & OTP Received Mobile Number Registered in UAE