Ganesh Chaturthi 2020 is celebrated on Chaturthi of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada. This year, the date falls on 22 August 2020 (Saturday). The worship of Lord Ganesha on this date has special significance. Ganesh Chaturthi is also known as Vinayak Chaturthi. Ganapati is established on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi. This festival is celebrated for two to ten days. It has been told in the scriptures that Lord Ganesha liberates from distress, suffering and poverty. It is said that prayers are done by worshiping Ganapati by law.
How to please Bappa on Ganesh Chaturthi
1. Plant vermilion – Lord Ganesha loves vermilion. In this case, it is considered auspicious to apply vermilion on Ganesh Chaturthi. Apply tilak with red vermilion on Bappa’s forehead every day. It is said that by doing this, bad works are made and progress is achieved.
2. Offer Durva – If Lord Ganesha is to be worshiped then every day during the worship should offer it. However, offering durva on Ganesh Chaturthi has special significance. It is believed that by doing this, Ganapati is pleased and gives the desired blessing.
3. Offer red flowers – Offering red flowers to Shree Ganesh is auspicious. If red flowers are not possible then any flower can be offered. However during worship, keep in mind that do not forget to offer Tulsi even after forgetting Lord Ganesha.
4. Offer Bhoga- Lord Ganesha loves laddoos and modaks. In such a way, offer modak and laddu to Ganapati on Ganesh Chaturthi.
5. Aarti – Aarti must be done after worshiping Lord Ganesha. It is said that by doing this, you get the fruits of worship soon.