If you are a member of the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and are not yet able to activate your Universal Account Number (UAN), you can create your UAN number by following the 7 steps given here. Before that, know what benefits you will get from enabling UAN.
Benefits of the yuan number
You can monitor your PF account using UAN.
– If you have more than one PF account, you can see all your accounts in one place using UAN.
– You can check your PF Account Passbook online through UAE.
– You can also withdraw some money online from your account through UAE.
– You can transfer the amount of one account to another through UAN
You can create your own UAN number at home ..
– First of all, you should visit the official website of EPFO www.epfindia.gov.in
– After that select ‘Our Services’ and click on ‘Employees’
– After this, users need to click on ‘Member UAN / Online Services’
– Then click ‘Enable Your UAN’ (below the main links on the right).
– Now enter your personal information such as UAN, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Captcha and then click ‘Get Authentication PIN’
– OTP comes with your registered mobile number. You click on ‘I agree’ and press enter for OTP
– Finally click ‘Validate OTP and Active UAN’
You will get the details of the PF account in the Umang app of Government of India. The employee can activate their Universal Account Number (UAN) using this application.
Learn how to remove a PF without a UN number