T20 WC ahead of Australia, skipper Aaron Finch departed

The Australian cricket team suffered another setback on Sunday, following a four-wicket defeat to the West Indies in the second match of the three-match ODI series. The captain of its limited overs team, Aaron Finch, suffered a knee injury. The third match of the ODI series, and then the five-match T20 series against Bangladesh. Finch suffered a knee injury during the T20I series on the West Indies so that he has not yet recovered. Finch played in the first ODI, but was not part of the team in the second ODI and is now returning home.

According to an ESPNcricinfo report, Finch will no longer be part of the team in the upcoming T20 series in Bangladesh. He said, ‘I’m so disappointed to be back home. If necessary, I perform surgery and then I can recover until the World Cup.

After arriving in Australia, Finch will have to stay in Carpentine for two weeks. In his absence, Alex Carey is now the team’s one-day captain on the West Indies tour. The two teams equalized 1-1 in the three-match ODI series and the third and decisive match of the series will be on Monday. After that, Australia have to play a five-match T20 series on the Bangladesh tour.

Related news

Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.