Amy Jackson: British Actress and Model
Amy Jackson is a popular British actress and model who has primarily worked in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, and Kannada movies. In 2010, Director A. L. Vijay noticed her and cast her in the lead role in the Tamil language period drama film Madrasapattinam. Since then, Amy has been a part of various Indian movies. Her latest film, Mission Chapter 1, is a comeback movie for her after the blockbuster movie 2.0.
Amy Jackson was born on 31st January 1991 in the Isle of Man, United Kingdom. Her real name is Amy Louise Jackson. Her father, Alan Jackson, is a producer on BBC Radio, and her mother, Marguerita Jackson, is a horse riding trainer. She has an elder sister, Alicia Jackson. Amy is currently 32 years old and belongs to the Christian religion. She is unmarried and has a son named Andreas.
Early Life and Education
Amy Jackson started modeling at the young age of 16 and won the Miss Teen World competition in 2009 and the Miss Liverpool title in 2010. After completing her schooling, she attended St. Edward’s College in Liverpool, where she graduated with a degree. During her college days, Amy participated in various beauty pageants and modeling contests.
Amy’s acting career began in 2010 with the Tamil movie Madrasapattinam. She played the lead role of Amy Wilkinson/Duraiammal in the film, which was moderately successful at the box office. After this, she appeared in various Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, and Kannada movies.
In 2012, Amy made her Hindi film debut with the romantic drama movie Ekk Deewana Tha. She played the role of Jessie in the film, which was a remake of the Tamil film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. In the same year, she starred in the Tamil action-thriller Thaandavam. The movie was a commercial success and earned positive reviews from the audience and critics.
In 2014, Amy made her Telugu film debut with the action thriller Yevadu. She played the role of Shruthi in the film. Amy also played the female lead role of Diya in the 2015 Tamil film I. The film was a critical and commercial success, and Amy’s performance was highly appreciated.
In 2018, Amy starred in the Tamil film 2.0, opposite Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar. The movie was a huge success and is one of the highest-grossing Indian films of all time. She played the role of Nila, a humanoid robot. After this, Amy took a break from acting to focus on her personal life. In 2022, she made her comeback with the Tamil movie Mission Chapter 1.
- Amy Jackson started her modeling career at the age of 16.
- She has won several beauty pageants and modeling contests.
- Amy is a brand ambassador for Lipsy London, a women’s clothing line established in London in 1988.
- She attended the annual Cannes Film Festival for two years.
- Amy is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Mandy Moore.
- She is a supporter of PETA.
- In 2013, Amy was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, Joe Selkirk, a champion boxer, in front of a hotel in Liverpool. She did not file any complaint against him, but he was given 12-months of community service and a fine of 300 pounds.
- Amy Jackson is also an Ambassador of the Elephant Family, an organization