India is all set to welcome Ganesh on August 22 with full joy and enthusiasm. In the wake of the coronavirus epidemic, the government has issued guidelines and restricted the practice in public places.
But the energy and enthusiasm of the devotees could not be slowed down, and people decorated their homes to welcome Ganesh. Now, if you are worried about Bhog Modak, look for these easy homemade recipes.
Cream Cheese Rose Modak, Recipe by Chef Merajuddin Ansari
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan. 2. Add the ricotta cheese and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the ricotta cheese and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly
3. When the ricotta cheese begins to thicken, add the condensed milk to the pan.
4. Cook the mixture for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Now, to add some flavor, pour the chocolate chips, cocoa powder and peppermint extract. Then turn off the heat immediately.
6. Mix well so that all ingredients mix well. Also, make sure the choco chips are completely melted into the mixture
7. Set the mixture aside and let it cool.
8. Now, pour the mixture into Modak mold and set it for two hours.
9. After that, take the molds and check if they have taken shape.
10. Decorate and serve.
Gulkand Modak, Chef Rishikesh Kasare’s Recipe, Orchid
1. Take a bowl and mix the lifeless coconut with condensed milk, rose essence and a pinch of color. Mix the mixture well to make a firm dough.
2. Add almond powder and cardamom powder and prepare gulkand mixture.
3. Fill the gulkand mixture with coconut flour. And mold them into a Modak shape.
4. Refrigerate it to settle.
5. Decorate and serve.