There was a time when two stroke stroke scooters were in the Indian market. Over time, these scooters have been replaced by automatic scooters with advanced features and technology. In this segment, giants such as Honda and TVS Motors are in the top spot. Today we are talking about the top 5 best selling scooters in the country –
5) TVS NTORQ 125- At the bottom of the list is the TVS NTORK 125, which uses a 124.8cc single cylinder fuel injection engine on this scooter. It produces 9.38PS and 10.5Nm of torque. It has disc brakes and tubeless tires. Last January, the company sold 27,766 units of this scooter, up 34 percent from January last year. In January last year, the company sold 20,638 units.
Price: 70,555 to Rs 79,535
4) Honda Deo: Japanese automaker Honda’s legendary scooter Dio ranks fourth in terms of sales. The scooter uses a 109.51 cc fuel injection engine that produces 7.76 PS and 9 Nm of torque. This is the same engine you found in the Honda Activa. It has drum brakes and tubeless tires. Last January, the company sold 28,914 units. Despite its sales declining, it is still the fourth best-selling scooter in the country. In January last year, the company sold a total of 32,651 units.
Price: 62,229 to 68,127 Rs
3) Suzuki Access: Suzuki Access ranks third in the list of best-selling scooters in the country. However, its sales were lower compared to January last year. The scooter uses a 124 cc single cylinder engine that produces 8.7 PS of power and 10 Nm of torque. It offers features such as Bluetooth smartphone connectivity, external fuel filler cap, overspreading alert, parking space. The company sold a total of 45,475 units of this scooter in January, compared to 54,595 units in January last year.
Price: 70,686 to Rs 78,786
2) TVS Guru: TVS Motors’ Guru is the second best-selling scooter in the country. In its segment, it offers tough competition for the Honda Activa. This scooter is available in a total of 5 variants on the market, the company recently launched its cheapest variants on the market. This scooter uses a single cylinder engine capable of 109.7cc. It produces 7.47PS of power and 8.4Nm of torque. It has features like a 21-liter under-seat storage space, an ignition key with LED headlights. Last January, the company sold 51,952 units of this scooter, up from 38,689 units in January last year.
Price: 63,492 lakh to Rs 72,472
1) Honda Activa 6G: The Honda Activa has long been the best-selling scooter in the country. The difference between its sales figures and its competitors shows how hard it is for others to beat this scooter in the future. Last year, the company launched its sixth generation model. The scooter uses a 109.51cc fuel injection engine. It produces 7.79PS and 8.79Nm of torque. The company claims that the scooter offers 10 percent more mileage than the previous model. It has features like Silent Start. The company sold a total of 2,11,660 units of this scooter in January, compared to 2,34,749 units in January last year.
Price: 66,099 to Rs 70,044