Aadhaar card is now an essential document. This is all you need, from opening a bank account to vaccinating. In such a situation, it is important to know whether your Aadhaar card is genuine or fake. Recently, the Indian Unique Identification Authority (UIDAI) tweeted, ‘All 12 digit numbers are not Aadhaar. It is very important to verify Aadhaar before accepting it as proof of identity.
By the way we tell you today, you will be able to know if your Aadhaar card is genuine or fake. You can use this facility in such a situation, when you ask for an Aadhaar card as proof of identity from someone else, whether or not they gave you the original Aadhaar number. For example- if you are a landlord you can check the authenticity of a new tenant’s Aadhaar card this way.
ALSO READ: 8 dangerous apps have been banned by Google, and you can delete them immediately
How to know if Aadhaar number is real or fake
1. You should first go to the UID (https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaarverification) link.
2. Now a page opens for Aadhaar verification where you need to enter your Aadhaar number.
3. Enter captcha (security code) with your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
ALSO READ: If you use WhatsApp, don’t make these mistakes, otherwise you could be in big trouble
4. Now click on the Process to Verify button.
5. If the Aadhaar number you entered is correct, a new page will open. Here your Aadhaar number is 7304XXXXXXXX.
6. In addition, age, gender and state name are also written below.
7. This will enable you to know if your Aadhaar card with you is genuine or fake.