Pickles are made in every home in India and everyone loves to eat pickles with food. Most people add extra flavors to their food tray. But did you know that this is not just a taste but a health fund. Yes .. Pickles can prove to be very beneficial to your health, especially vinegar.
According to the US Agricultural Food Structures Data Base, Agricultural Research Service and Nutrition Data Laboratory, half a cup of sliced pickles:
- Vitamin K contains 23% of its daily intake, which helps your blood clots and keeps your bones strong.
- 21% -24% of the daily value of vitamin A is important for your vision, immune system and healthy pregnancy
- Its 7% calcium helps adults with strong bones and teeth and healthy nerves.
- 5% of your daily essential potassium, which helps your nerves to function properly.
- It contains 4% of vitamin C, which is antioxidant and protects your cells from damage.
Learn now why vinegar is so beneficial to your health
1. Helps digestion
Vinegar is full of pickled probiotics. These are important for gut health. Eating a pickle with food improves digestion and helps digest foods. Also, problems such as gas and stomach pain are not encountered.
2. Fights against diseases
Vinegar pickles are rich in antioxidants called beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in your body. Carotene is a powerful compound that helps reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes, cancer, respiratory diseases and other conditions.
3. Reduces muscle spasm
Some athletes drink pickle juice after exercise. Drinking brings back lost electrolytes. Pickled juice relieves muscle cramps.
4. Sugar does not increase
Vinegar in pickles can help maintain your blood sugar levels. It benefits those at risk of diabetes. Eating fermented foods can help with everything from insulin resistance to inflammation.
5. It contains antioxidants
Pickles increase your antioxidant intake. Natural antioxidants found in all fruits and vegetables help fight free radicals. Free radicals are volatile chemicals that form naturally in the body and are associated with problems such as heart disease and cancer.
So, add pickles in your diet, but in limited quantities. Because sodium is very high