Against the backdrop of the Corona crisis, the state government has decided to postpone all the examinations of the Maharashtra Public Service Commission. The Chief Secretary informed that the examination has been postponed in the Cabinet meeting today. It is also said that the revised schedule of the examination will be announced soon. As the Corona crisis has not been averted, on the one hand, there is a demand for postponing the JEE and exams, but the central government is adamant on taking the exams. The state government has taken this decision.
Earlier, the students had filed a petition in the Nagpur Bench of the Bombay High Court seeking a change in the district level center for the Maharashtra State Public Service Commission’s pre-examination on September 20. The students had now run directly to the court as the commission did not heed their repeated demands from the student unions and people’s representatives.
Other important decisions of the Cabinet meeting
– Approval for creation of seven regular posts for health services in urban areas of the state. The posts of Director, Deputy Director and Assistant Director are included.
– Fishermen in the state will get special sanagraha grant, approval from the cabinet.
– Public transport and freight vehicles paying annual tax will get tax exemption for the period from 1st April to 30th September 2020. Decision on the background of the damage caused by the lockout.
– Acceptance of 1 million liters of milk per day out of the surplus milk due to lockout and approval for implementation of conversion scheme till October.
– Approval to establish Slum Rehabilitation Authority for eight Municipal Corporations and seven Municipal Areas in Mumbai Metropolitan Region excluding Mumbai Municipal Corporation.
– Approval for construction of Agricultural Science Complex at Kashti (Tal. Malegaon) in Nashik District. Under this Government College of Agriculture, College of Horticulture, College of Food Technology, College of Agribusiness Management and College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology will be established.indian